Tara Tyler has written a book entitled ‘Broken Branch Falls’, and is now taking over Drunk On Pop with a guest post!
So, what’s the deal with all the Apocalyptic Fantasies these days??
Many movies and books out right now are giving us alternate endings of the world with crazy new beginnings. I love this genre. It’s full of limitless possibilities! When writing an apocalyptic fantasy, we get to pick:
- How the world will end (and I included some of my favorite movies):
- disease (I AM LEGEND)
- aliens (INDEPENDENCE DAY, MARS ATTACKS!, COWBOYS AND ALIENS)
- self-annihilation (HUNGER GAMES, DIVERGENT)
- natural disaster (WATERWORLD)
- zombies (WWZ, WARM BODIES)
- robots (TERMINATOR, MATRIX)
- apes! (PLANET OF THE APES)
- Who will survive
- How the new world begins – and this means creating a new world, including:
- customs and religion
Thanks again, Rockin’ Rae!! Was fun to be young again, here!
Gabe is an average fifteen-year-old goblin. He’s in the marching band, breezes through calculus, and gets picked on daily by the other kids at school, especially the ogres. But Gabe wants to break out of his nerdy stereotype and try other things. He has his eye on the new ogress at school. Though it’s against all beastly rules, there’s just something about her.
Gabe starts a fad of mingling with other species, forcing the High Council to step in and ruin things by threatening to destroy the school and split up Broken Branch Falls. With help from other outcast friends, Gabe sets out on a quest to save his town. They’ll show ’em what different friends can do together!
Don’t forget to enter a Rafflecopter giveaway !!!
Like what you see? Follow Drunk On Pop on bloglovin’!